interference from second satellite receiver?

Have just purchased a digital satellite receiver for free to air progs on hotbird & astra 19. When I plug scart lead into a shared 5 block scart box(bloc peritel 5 prises), it interferes with my sky satellite picture if the box is left on standby. If I switch the box off at the rear all is ok. What device do I need for the two to live in harmony. Any help greatly appreciated!

regards

dc[*-)]

Not sure of your question - are you running two decoders from one dish with a single head?  If so this could be the problem - you need a dual output head on the dish otherwise the second decoder may be trying to change the polarity - but thinking about it this would change the channel you're watching rather than interfer with the signal.  Otherwise I've no idea.

Those 5-way Scart blocks are not good news technically.   What you need (if I am understanding your set up correctly) is one of those Scart boxes with push button selector switches.   They normally have 3 in's and 1 out and a series of buttons which select one (and one only) input at a time.

Your 5 way block (I am assuming) is a passive box (without buttons) and your TV is not being passed the correct voltage control signals either.

I've seen selector boxes in Leclerc and more sophisticated ones can be had from eg the CPC catalogue.   You shouldn't be up for more than about 15 €.