Alice Web-site

[N]I have been a subscriber for over 4 years, first to Infonie, then Tiscali, and now Alice as each has been taken over.

About two weeks ago, all account info was being migrated to a central system, and now nothing works.

There is no link to follow consumption or to access factures - although they say there are such links. The link to contact them just returns to the same page time and time again.

I have tried the free telephone line - and this just goes blank after waiting a few minutes.

Has anyone else had the same problems - any ideas for solving them?

Does anyone have an email address for Alice?

At the moment all account details and other user interfaces seem to have ceased to function.  As you say, it is migrating, who knows where.  Apparently it will all be back soon, whenever soon is.  The free number is useless, I usually get the Telecom lady saying that no such number exists.  We will just have to wait a bit longer I guess.  The e-mail address are always no response ones.  Well, that was all very helpful

Hi

I had the same problem and sent them an email to their help service.

In fact I have done it twice and although I haven't had a reply. They did, on both occasions, make the consumption link available on their site. I notice it's disappeared again tonight.

Even when the link is available the consumption breakdown of dates and times doesn't work properly.

It may be that they are migrating to something but more likely they're trying to get US to migrate to ADSL.

Fat chance.

I have the same suspicion as you regarding ADSL, Levington. 

Anyway I am glad to see that the consumption info may have returned, I've been looking for that and will now have another go.  I too have e-mailed with no reply.  We wait and see I suppose.  How I detest that smirking young woman in her underwear, or is it what we used to call, a frock?

Liz (29)

Thanks for that.  I have just had a look and it is there. I think it goes down on the report card as 'Alice could do better'.  It seems that in order to check that I am not going over my 20 hours outside 5h/17h I have to add up the all the times shown on page 2.  Doh!    

Liz (29)

[quote user="Liz"]

Thanks for that.  I have just had a look and it is there. I think it goes down on the report card as 'Alice could do better'.  It seems that in order to check that I am not going over my 20 hours outside 5h/17h I have to add up the all the times shown on page 2.  Doh!    

Liz (29)

[/quote]

I tried to copy and paste the figures to Excel but for some reason Tiscali have put a symbol in front of all the figures in the hh:mm:ss column so that you cant use Excel to add them up :(

It is possible to add up the times using Excel but you'll need to delete the invisible character at the beginning of each cell containing the hh:mm:ss data. I have written a small macro to do this and If you or anyone else would like a copy I can provide it free in text form.

Trevor

Thanks for the offer, Trevor.  I don't have Excel though.  I'm a Lotus person.  I expect I can work something out if I put my mind to it.  When I looked at Alice yesterday the site seemed to have changed again and I could only see times for two days, 14 and 15 December I think.  It seems to me they must still be working on it.  I have not had notification of an invoice either, I usually get this on the 13th of the month, I'll be interested to see if they debit our account at the usual time.

Liz