AliceDSL and degroupage total

I am interested in Alice's DSL offer for less than 30 € per month which also can save on France Telecom's line rental. I checked www.degrouptest.com, my number is not marked for degroupage total.

Are there any tecnical requirements to get a 'degroupage' line and does it simply mean that I have to continue paying the FT line rental?

Free with their international call option sounds good. What are the criteria for a 'degroupage total' area. Does it have anything to do with technical specifications of the telephone lines in the area or are these some regularity measures to guarantee France Telecom some minimum telephone line business?

I "think" the service providers "buy" the lines from FT as they appear to only be in major cities, where there is the possibility of a large number of subscribers.

There will be some technical difference but I do not know what. For certain the distance from the exchange plays a role in the speed of the supply and all degroupage supplies appear to be very fast - up to 20+ MB.