Wanadoo and house move !

We are moving from a gite in Limousin to our property near Chateauroux at the end of the month and would like to know whether we can take our wanadoo box and account with us ? We are hoping to have a line installed within a couple of weeks of moving but need to be on the internet as soon as possible after this.????

I assume when you talk about the wanadoo box that your are using adsl with a livebox.

This extract from the wandoo website seems to cover your situation.  The only problem would be if there is no existing phone at the new property, and they find that you need a new pole or underground cabling.

Je suis déjà un client du Haut Débit Multimédia de Wanadoo et je déménage. Comment faire pour conserver ma ligne ADSL ?

C'est très simple. Il vous suffit de nous informer de votre changement d'adresse et de vérifier l'éligibilité de votre nouvelle ligne téléphonique.
Puis, il est nécessaire de raccorder l'installation téléphonique de votre nouveau domicile au réseau ADSL de France Telecom. Ce raccordement est indépendant du fait de conserver ou non le numéro de téléphone de votre ancien domicile. Cette opération vous sera facturée 60€ TTC pour un déménagement avec ou sans changement de numéro de téléphone. La commande de ce raccordement haut débit à votre nouvelle adresse peut se faire en agence France Telecom ou auprès du Service Client Wanadoo quelques jours seulement avant votre emménagement.
Ce raccordement sera effectué sous une semaine. Vous pourrez de nouveau utiliser votre connexion dès que la diode ADSL de votre modem sera verte fixe.

The 'eligibility of the line' is all important. If your new commune isn't converted to ADSL yet (like ours) you'll have to revert to dial-up. If you go to http://www.francetelecom.com/fr/votre_region/  and choose the page for your new region, there should be a 'haut debit' link that will enable you to find out if your new commune is converted yet, or due to be soon.

Steve

Thanks for the prompt answers to my question - I have been on the website suggested and find that my commune does have broadband so thats one obstacle out of the way.The French information is (i am ashamed to admit) rather beyond my translation skills so if anyone could give me a translated version I would be very grateful.

Thanks again[8-)]

C'est très simple. Il vous suffit de nous informer de votre changement d'adresse et de vérifier l'éligibilité de votre nouvelle ligne téléphonique.
Puis, il est nécessaire de raccorder l'installation téléphonique de votre nouveau domicile au réseau ADSL de France Telecom. Ce raccordement est indépendant du fait de conserver ou non le numéro de téléphone de votre ancien domicile. Cette opération vous sera facturée 60€ TTC pour un déménagement avec ou sans changement de numéro de téléphone. La commande de ce raccordement haut débit à votre nouvelle adresse peut se faire en agence France Telecom ou auprès du Service Client Wanadoo quelques jours seulement avant votre emménagement.
Ce raccordement sera effectué sous une semaine. Vous pourrez de nouveau utiliser votre connexion dès que la diode ADSL de votre modem sera verte fixe.

Its very easy. You just need to lets us know of your change of address and to check that your new line is eligible for ADSL

Then we need to connect your new line to the FT ADSL network . This conection is nothing to do with whether or not you will be keeping your old number.We will charge you 60 euros for the move with or without a change of number. The order for the new high speed connection at your new address can either be done in the FT local office or through Wanadoo's customer service, it only needs to be done a few days before your move.

The ADSL connection will be made within a week . You will then once again be able to use your connection as soon as the ADSL diode on your modem is green.

As I said all very easy as long as there are no problems getting the phone line itself up and running.

When we moved in April of last year, we notified Wanadoo a few months before, and they told us, we should notify them a few days before the move, and it will be done in a week. This we did. Three weeks later, and endless phone calls to wanadoo and FT (each blaming each other, and someone actually telling me i had to change my adsl filters every 6 months), we still had no adsl, and had to go to our nearest FT office and make a big fuss. Two days later we were up and running.