France Telecom charging you to report faults

Have people noticed that France Telecom are now changing their previously free numbers such as 1013, 1014, 1015, etc.  Some of the old ones have not yet “migrated” and others announce the new number.  HOWEVER, certainly some of the new ones (e.g. 3900) are numbers that you ay decent amounts of money to call e.g. 3900 costs thirty something centimes per minute.

I guess you have to really like listening to France Telecom “jungle” to pay that much.

I came across this when trying to report a non-working ADSL connection and FT wanted me to pay thirty something centimes per minute to report something that was already being paid for as not working.  They must be really “hard-up” (or just greedy) to start charging you to report faults.

Other interesting aspect is that its still a “special number” that is being charged for at a high rate.

(At the moment you can still get through on 1013 for free but I’m told that this is all changing – the numbers that is, I don’t know if they will all become “premium rate” calls).

Ian

I had quite an argument with somebody there about it but in the end it came down to “it was beyond their control”.  They also claimed that other operators (Tele2, Cegetel and the like) all charge for fault reporting telephone calls.

Ian