Hi all

Help please on a boring subject that has been covered many times. We are now living permenantly in france, ( since last christmas ) and have just decided to try to set up the tv set. We purchased a 80cm dish, and have our own sky digibox and card. We have put up the dish and pointed it as advised on the forum 28.2 east. on the signal test on the tv it is showing three quarters strength, but no signal quality. We then go to searching for listings and it says no satelite signal is being received.Is there anything else we should be doing?.

Many thanks in anticipation

Beris

Only a couple of ideas from experience,have you tried resetting the digi box, you turn the power off wait for a minute and turn it back on, that resets it,I telephoned sky and thats what they told me to do and it worked.The other thing that happened to my sky in France, a tree was blocking the signal, it did not look as if it was but the dish really has to have nothing in its path.I now find I have to prune this tree every couple of years you would never think it could block it by looking at it.

Assuming you have found the correct sat signal, you then need to rotate the lnb to around the 1-o-clock position or maybe a lttle further.  As you rotate it you will see the signal quality increase. You should be able to get it to around 75%.

If you have signal strength but no quality my expierience tells me you are pointing at the wrong satellite. It is difficult without a meter but I suggest you turn it about another 10 % right (very rule of thumb) or fork out about 60€ and get a 'satman' with a meter to do it for you.  

Bobwils

I'm having a similar problem in the Lot, but in my case it stems from an inherited dish.  I have aligned this correctly, as far as I can tell, and the digibox reports both good signal strength and good signal quality.  However, it reports no satellite signal.  Any ideas?