Hi Everyone,

We are buying a house in Champniers et Reilhac (Limousin/Dordogne Border) and wondered if anyone lived near or knew the area and could tell me if ADSL is available?

I tried this site    http://www.adsl-facile.com/    , the test results showed a big NO for all but TELE2, which gave me a YES with these results:

Dégroupé :     Option(s) :
ADSL jusqu'à 20 Mega
Débit réel :  à 14,85 €/mois      Promotions  7,50 € 3 mois
  Téléphone illimité  10 €/mois
  Modem éthernet  2,50 €/mois
  Modem USB  2,50 €/mois
  Sans présélection  5,10 €/mois

Non dégroupé :     Option(s) :

Does this mean that I can have ADSL, or am I just living in hope!!!

Thanks

Di

Di, I find these "financially sponsered" ADSL sites to be a bit hit and miss yesterday ADSL facile was showing Club Internet as being a remarkably low cost provider as did the Club internet site however as soon as you apply the rate is decidedly expensive in comparison to the advertising strap line. The majority of internet providers, in common with the mobile phone industry, use misleading advertising strap lines to get you in the door, it's almost a case of smoke and mirrors.

In response to your particular question, whilst it is possible that you are in a "Degoupee" area it is unlikely, these are usually restricted to the very large cities. To discover if you can get ADSL I suggest going to the following web sites and entering your phone number to test for eligibility.

www.adsl.free.fr/ and www.wanadoo.fr/bin/frame2.cgi?u=http%3A//abonnez-vous.wanadoo.fr/index.php%3Fdams%3Dc_HD

Good luck.

Thanks,

I can't get onto the free website and the Wanadoo website has been checking my number for the last 20 minutes, I've tried it three times and no joy[8-)]

I'll try again later.

Di