Anyone encountered this problem? Freebox worked OK when delivered and for first 2 weeks. Went away for 3 weeks and disconnected everything (just as well as there was a huge T-storm). On reconnecting everything, at first attempt it got “blocked” at the “PPP” display, left it on for 24 hours to see if it would clear but no joy. Disconnected and retried but this time it stuck at the “chasing rectangle”.

Did the Hard Reboot as per manual several times but still no joy. Don’t have a spare ADSL modem (surprise surprise!) so can’t do the next bit of the troubleshooting.

The only thing that has changed is that while I was off line I activated the free phone number service; this shows up on my account with the main line number. Have emailed for support, but don’t know how long or effective that is likely to be. Any experience of this out there?

Steve

I've got a Freebox but have never encountered that problem.  Modem normally reboots fine after unplugging and replugging.  I assume the phone line is still working.  I know it's a pain and you pay 34 cents a minute, but have you called the helpline on 3244?

Every time I have had this problem the "fault" has been on the FT line - you can call 1013 but trust me they will do everything in their power to do nothing!

Just ask them to check the line for ADSL normally they deny any fault is there - then the ADSL comes back ?

Check your connections and test that the FT line is present on the outlet you are using to plug in the Freebox - it could be the freebox but that's never been my experience.

Problem resolved, I sent an email to the support people (for anyone else who has not yet found out, you can't do this directly... it is only accessible from the problems FAQ pages if you didn't find the answer in the FAQs themselves, and you need to set up a free.fr webmail address as well. They then send answers to THAT address and NOT your principal email used in setting up the original account)

Anyway after 6 hours I had an auto acknowledgement, and after 30 hrs a personalised reply, ending in a "if that doesn't work call support phone number" message.

Called support and after about 5 min wait spoke to a guy who was reasonably bilingual, and suggested I try disconnecting from the extension I had been using and reconnecting from the main phone socket - which has done did the trick. TIP: pick up the other phone BEFORE unplugging the ADSL filter and cutting yourself off from the help line person!!!!

With the WIFI card in place I can still use the laptop in my office with the Freebox 3 rooms away so problem solved.

Thanks all for comments

Steve