With Freebox operating with a wifi card I have one laptop which is working fine. (The card didn't come with any paperwork or instructions but must have set itself up OK or the laptop wopuldn't work.)

I want to have a another laptop access the wifi network and it seems to find the right "network" - I must have given it the name on installation. t also refers to needing a network key - this appears to be like a password but I cannot find any record of what it is or where I put it in!! Meanwhile the other laptop is sitting there saying it IS CONNECTED to this network and is "acquiring a network address" but this has been going on for nearly an hour which doesn't seem right. It also is showing a network key in its properties. What's going on?

Do I need to insert a "network key" password? If so how can I find out what it is ?!?

Steve

The network key is set up through your account page on free.fr, if you look for Espace Abbonés then Functionalitiés WiFi de la freebox then Pour activer et configurer la fonction WIFI de votre Freebox click here.

This page will show you your network name and key if you have already set it up - otherwise you can set it up.

Many thanks LesLauriers, I found the key that way - they've changed the page access though and it's not exactly intuitive, is it? And if you can't access the net, you can't find the code to tell you to access the net.... !

Different problem now is that BOTH computers now seem to have the same IP address so the other one won't work! How can I get the system to give each one its own as seems to be OK with my BT system in the UK?

Steve