Hello

I'm arranging for a satellite to be installed.  I understand that I will need a digibox and also a card to pick up the normal channels (I don't want sky or anything, just usual terresterial channels).  The installer has offered to sell me a digibox and card.  However, my parents have an ancient sky digibox and card in the UK which I can bring over (they don't have sky anymore, but have been keeping the box and card "just in case").  The box is a pace 2200 and the card is a blue card with a picture of a house on it.  I was wondering whether anyone had this box and could let me know whether it would be likely still to be working - the box and card were working five years ago when my parents stopped having sky but maybe it is now obsolete and I will need to buy a new one? Any advice would be much appreciated. 

Thanks

Kitty

Yes, should work fine.   You only need the card for Ch4 & 5 these days but if it's a "yellow house" ex-contract card that should be ok anyway.  You'll almost certainly need to do a forced software download when you first connect the box to the dish which it might be a good idea to do first on someone else's dish so you know it is working properly before you try it on your new dish.

Should not be a problem both our boxes are well over five years olds.

If I were doing it myself, I would either :

Use a dish which was properley alighned first to do the software upgrade then use the digibox to do the alignement of my dish. or

Use a diginox with the latest software to align the dish then install my box and upgrade the software.

But as you a paying somebody to install the dish it is their problem. 

• 4 months later...

Hello

Following on from my earlier post wondered if again someone could help me.  I had the satellite installed a few months ago and it was working fine up until the weekend.  However, now I have a message saying "No satellite signal is being received".  I've tried switching the box off at the mains and then switching it back on again but this hasn't helped.  I don't think that the satellite itself has moved because its fixed to my balcony and seems pretty sturdy, and the wires going from the satellite to the digibox seem fine.  Has anyone any ideas as to what the problem could be or how I could fix it?! (I've tried phoning to the guy who installed it but he is on holiday until the end of August and I'd really like it fixed before then!)

Thanks very much

Kittygirl.

We are having the same problem and putting it down to the heat.  In order to get the signal we unplug and while holding the on off button pressed in  put the plug back in.  We are having to do this on a daily basis at the minute cant understand it but also cant understand the weather.