McAfee Total Protection & Livebox

Anyone with a Livebox and Mcafee anti virus software, please be awaire that if you are using the wifi connection on your Livebox and you decide to upgrade your Mcafee cover to their new Total Protection. The Mcafee Wireless Home Security software is NOT compatible with the Livebox software and there will a contention between the two!

Apparently there is a way of disabling the Mcafee wireless software permanently, but is this what you have paid for? I spent over 2 hours on the Mcafee chat line yesterday and the problem is still not settled...

Because of other problems we have had with the Livebox I am now thinking of getting rid and getting something like a Netgear box.

Does anyone know how I return the livebox but keep the Wanadoo connection?

Edit : I meant to put the list of compatable boxes on too. This is the link

http://us.mcafee.com/common/en-us/popups/mwl/mwhns_chart.asp

If you want anti virus protection then don't pay Mcafee or Norton, instead use the excellent AVG free, which can be downloaded from the web. Same goes for a free safe firewall, that one is called zonealarm, which is better than window firewall.

I am afraid that I kicked AVG into touch several years back when I had a simple virus that it just didn't see and it screwed my PC quite well. I downloaded the trial of McAfee and it found it in a couple of minutes. So no way, I will pay as long as the cover is good and so far McAfee have been very good.

I do wonder about Livebox though. I had a look on the U.K. Wanadoo/Orange site and could find NO mention of it anywhere. Have they ditched it? And if so will France be going the same route???

[quote user="Jonzjob"]I am afraid that I kicked AVG into touch several years back when I had a simple virus that it just didn't see and it screwed my PC quite well. I downloaded the trial of McAfee and it found it in a couple of minutes. So no way, I will pay as long as the cover is good and so far McAfee have been very good. I do wonder about Livebox though. I had a look on the U.K. Wanadoo/Orange site and could find NO mention of it anywhere. Have they ditched it? And if so will France be going the same route???[/quote]

This is an " orange livebox" site in english

http://www.orange.co.uk/membercentre/livebox/landing/default.htm?linkfrom=%3C!--linkfromvariable--%3E&link=link_4&article=membercentrenav

hope it helps,

Leo

Well!! I really think that I have cracked it folks. I had my brain cell go through the possibilities of what don't work with wot. If the wireless software can't be isolated in the Mcafee programme then why noy try ditching ALL of the Wanadoo software. So I uninstalled it, rebooted and the machine found the hardware and connected. All I had to do then was th enter the WEP key and away it went...

I am still going to ditch the livebox though.

I knew that ther used to be a U.K. site for the livebox Leo. That's the way I found out what all the bits on mine are for. I thought that they had closed it down. Thank's for the link though.