Connecting DVD to a 20yr old UK TV

Our TV is approx 20 yrs old (Pal) and has only a coax aerial input - question, is it possible (and if so how) to connect a DVD player to it.  DVD players seem to come with a variety of outputs (peritel, RCA, S-video etc) all of which mean nothing to me. Can anybody help - we don't need to replace the TV as it still works OK, the video still works through it and we don't really want / need to watch Fr TV at this point!

Unless your dvd player has an RF out connection (aerial socket) then you won't be able to connect it straight to the tv. If, however, your vhs player has a scart input on it - which it probably has - then you should be able to connect the dvd player to the vhs player and the vhs player to the tv which should work.

Eslier

Thanks - I am writing this in London, the equipment is in France (with hubby), I will need to ask him - though the video is certainly newer than the TV, as it was replaced perhaps 5 years ago, who knows what that has, so, meanwhile, any other ideas also gratefully rec'd!