british tv in france

[8-)]hi everyone, we are moving to the Deux Sevres region in the new year and we would like to hear about the best way to receive the BBC and ITV channels. We do not wish to subscribe to Sky Tv. Any advice would be helpful

We bought a cheap French decoder and dish from our local Expert TV shop in Cerizay.  They understood what we wanted and fitted the dish and set everything up for us.  The dish is tuned to Astra 2D/Hotbird and gives us all the available free to air channels except C4 and C5.

Where are you moving to? 

What bike have you got?[:D]

We bought a pay as you go Sky box for £99 with dish etc. My husband put the dish up and tuned it in with a Signal meter (£20 from screwfix). This gives you most of the free to view channels and as you have no subscription you do not need to have it connected to a phone line!

I think the only difference between a Sky and and a French satellite decoder is that you can get channel 4, 5, and Film 4 on a Sky box, not on a "normal" French one. (Maybe other channels, I don't know).

And you need to pay £20 for a veiwing card for Sky if Sky is what you choose... (sent to UK address only).

Iain

[:D]Sunday Driver, thanks for the reply, we are moving to Les Clielles which is a hamlet just on the outskirts of Lezay in January 2007 as a full time resident.

Due to a big accident I am bikeless at the moment, but used to roadrace a Honda GP bike.

What bike do you have at present and are you interested in road racing? Do you know of any bike clubs or meetings in our area, where are you? 

• 1 month later...