Has anybody yet tried out the Sky HD Package in France? I saw it when back in the UK and the difference between it and a "normal" TV system has to be seen to be believed....Interested to know if there are any problems with reception in France or whether it works as well as the ordinary digital system.

Thanks

Baz

No technical reason why not provided that Sky don't want you to have a phone line connected.

But - gazing into my crystal ball - why pay Sky a lot of extra money for a few extra channels when in a year or so the BBC will be doing a lot more HD.  The BBC will - I imagine - be doing it for free,  and by that time you won't have to tie yourself to a Sky contract and Sky box (with all the disadvantages that entails),  'cos DVB-S2 boxes will be available.in the shops which will receive the BBC and any other FTA HD channels .

HD is a big opportunity for bouquet operators to tighten the screws on their subscribers;  already unfair (and apparently under EU law illegal) practices will be tightened further;  (for example it is illegal for bouquet operators to tie you in to renting/buying "their" box,  you should be allowed to get your own box and the proprietary encryption slot from any source you like,  but Sky have done it from the start and TPS and CanalSat are moving the same way with HD).

So if you can wait,  don't fall for their little game....

And there is that little problem that's now emerging that NOT all "HD Ready" labelled TV's are actually going to work with HD receiver boxes due to Hollywood now insisting on another layer of signal "spoiling".....   but that's another story.