Dont you just LOVE Trance Telecoms hold music?

meh, just a wee rant...

A German couple have moved into a nearby village and dont speak much French yet. I said Id help them get their Orange livebox installed. Their antique PC needed a re-install of windows which I did, then to connect the box....."Probleme adsl" it said. The upshot is several calls to 3900 and probably slightly over 40 minutes on hold in total. [:@]

They cant find a fault with the line etc, so they sent an engineer out to test the line in the house today. I havent heard from them, so either the guy never turned up, or they have given up! Personally, i suspect a dud livebox.

Then I got home this afternoon to find my telephone doesnt work. ggrrrrrr. Since I have moved in here, its been as reliable as a poorly serviced vauxhall viva, although its normally the adsl that craps out, not the voice.....Anyway, no joy so I went round to a neighbours to use their phone to call FT. The neighbours are with Neuf. It would appear that you cant call the FT service number (1013) from a non FT line. Lots more hold music and "press 1 for....." menus. I dont have a livebox, so 3900 is no use. I got an 0800 number from them, but when rang, it said "this number is no longer in use, call 1013". AAAARRRGGHH. I eventually got through using the general 0800 number and went to he new business option and persuaded them to connect me to 1013.After another 15 minutes or so of delightfull hold music in total, seemingly there is a problem with my line and someone will come within 48 hours.

[:'(]