Problem with typing on laptop

I have recently bought a new laptop, the problem is as I type (at no great speed) the actual text on the screen lags behind my far from nimble fingers by as much as 3 seconds. Now the laptop is no slouch having a core 2 duo T7250 processor from Intel, 2.00Ghz, and 2.0 GB RAM. I run XP Pro and have AVG anti virus and Spyware. Under task manager System idle Process takes about 98% and there are no 'odd' processes running. Does anyone have any idea as to what can be causing this, it happens in all  programmes (even this one, it's doing it now) such as Outlook Express and Word .

Wils   

Mine has started doing this recently....I suspect it happened about the time I updated AVG the last time and it became an all-singing active thing running in the background. Task manager shows its taking no resources, but every now and then avg pops up asking me if i want to allow prorams to make changes in the registry etc, so its obviously doing something all the time. I see adaware has gone the same way to a massive bloated piece of software that hogs space and resource.

Its a shame that these simple programs designers feel the need to pad them out with this rubbish.

Is it only typing that is slow? Do programs apear slow and jerky on the screen? If so, then I would suspect that the screen driver is the problem. Have there been any Microsoft updates done on the computer recently? Have you changed the screen resolution? If the answer is yes to any of these, then I would try a system restore and see if that cures the problem.

Tim

[quote user="dave21478"]

Mine has started doing this recently....I suspect it happened about the time I updated AVG the last time and it became an all-singing active thing running in the background. Task manager shows its taking no resources, but every now and then avg pops up asking me if i want to allow prorams to make changes in the registry etc, so its obviously doing something all the time. I see adaware has gone the same way to a massive bloated piece of software that hogs space and resource.

Its a shame that these simple programs designers feel the need to pad them out with this rubbish.

[/quote]

As far as I know the basic AVG spyware programme is not the cause, although it's possible that the AVG Antispyware may be the problem. I downloaded it on one of my machines a few months ago and it starts automatically when the machine is turned on and it does slow it down. I run it manually on the other machines - normally when the machine is idle and have no problems.

I think I will go back to manual running and see what difference it makes.

Tim