Transferring photos

Hi.  I have bought a USB stick because I want to back up my photos.  I have plugged it into the computer and it has been recognised as 'removable disc F'  However I'm not sure what to do next!  [8-)]  Do I need any special software?  If anyone can guide me through the transfer process that would be great  [:)]

Well, it would help if you'd said what operating system you are using, but assuming it's Windows XP then there are a few ways depending on how many you have to do.

Maybe the simplest way is to just open the photo you want to transfer - right click the mouse button and assuming your memory stick is plugged in, you should see your stick in the drop down menu - you can then transfer a copy directly. You can probably do a whole file of pictures in this way but that will depend on how you are storing your photos.

The way I like to do it is to have a half size screen showing the photos and the other half of the screen of the memory stick - then just 'drag and drop' them from one to the other.

There are other ways and I'm sure others may suggest them.

Good luck - Tim

This is the idiots way (because I'm a computer dummy)- providing you are on xp

Go to a folder of pics - display (view) as 'list' highlight them all (if there are lots it will take ages so maybe better to use batches of a few at a time) right click and 'send to' the memory stick

Hope it helps.....