BBC Radio in S.E France

Moving to Languedoc shortly, I've found all the tv faqs very helpful but what about listening to BBC radio  -  Will my UK DAB Radio work or will I have to use analogue fm? Is France going digital?  Also I'm told "Listen Again" and i-player on a computer can't be used without special set-up -any advice gratefully received...

If you already have satellite (or will when you move) then all the BBC radio stations are available on the same satellite.

Your DAB radio will not work for two reasons - primarily because the French aren't using DAB and secondly because the signal would not normally travel that far. The distance is also the reason you will not UK radio stations on your FM radio in the Languedoc.

The 'listen again' system does work ok - at least it did for me a couple of weeks ago when I last used it.

Hope this is of some help - if not, come back and ask again.

Regards - Tim

Thanks for these suggestions. I had forgotten satellite will get radio as well as tv, never used it for that in the uk! Someone also suggested wi-fi radio as an alternative to the computer which souns like a useful idea for radio fans...

Paul

Don't think of going the internet radio route unless you have a decent speed ADSL connection, or your radio will spend its entire time buffering at the least opportune moment: - "and the winner is...[buffering 20%.....buffering 80%....buffering complete] applause" or "now I have you all here, finally I can tell you that the murderer is...[buffering 20%.....buffering 80%....buffering complete] ... take him away sargent", and of course these days, "...and in the city the pound closed...[buffering 20%.....buffering 80%....buffering complete]... BBC radio news".

paul