Partitioning a SD card

Does anyone know if it is possible to partition an SD card into 2 logical drives? I have a 4Gb  SD card which my Zoom recorder won't recognise. I now discover the max size card it can see is 2Gb, so I'd like to partition the card into 2 x 2 Gbs. I've tried with control Panel/Computer Management/Disk Management, but the right-click menu for the card has no partition options.

Any thoughts?

p

-I would council caution here, while and SD card feels and looks like a disc drive I have experienced problems treating said device as a disc - I once (for amusement but will not do this again) defragmented an SD card - promptly lost all of the stored images !!

So my advice would be to back up all of the content first then give it a try !!

bon courage

Stu-le-brew

SD cards can not be bigger than 2GB and are slower compared to SDHC which stands for Secure Digital High Capacity. SDHC is what you must have. It is physically identical to the stadard SD card.

Not all the equipment that use SD cards can use SDHC cards.

For example, I have a 16gb SDHC card, a 4gb SDHC card and a 1gb SD card. My camera can read all three, my phone just the 4gb and 1gb and my PDA can only read the 1gb card.

So partitioning it probably will not work.