Windows mail How do I stop it....

Windows mail how do I stop it opening when I connect to the internet (dial up) on my mothers laptop (vista), I have looked everywhere to find  somewhere to stop this happening.

Hope some kind person can help me as this is very frustrating!! and is probable very easy!!!

Click on the Vista button bottom left, then find the Configuration Panel in the list on the right.

In the Configuration Panel , just below the Programs option, click on Start-up Programs.

When the panel opens, click on Show all users at the bottom left then highlight Windows Mail by clicking on it.

On the bottom right, click on Deactivate.

[quote user="Clair"]Click on the Vista button bottom left, then find the Configuration Panel in the list on the right.
In the Configuration Panel , just below the Programs option, click on Start-up Programs.
When the panel opens, click on Show all users at the bottom left then highlight Windows Mail by clicking on it.
On the bottom right, click on Deactivate.
[/quote]

Thank you Clair I am not at my mums laptop at the mo but have tried following your instruction on my PC (vista) and I think I can find where you are sending me! not all the names are the same as the ones you use, Configuration panel = control panel? and Deactivate = disable? and as I do not have Windows mail opening when I connect (broad band) I cannot see it there, I will go tomorrow and come back after I have done it or not as the case maybe!

I hate being a computer numpty[:$]

Hi I'm back after trying to sort this out

I did all that Clair told me, but realised as soon as I switched it on and it was starting up that the dial up connection box appeared and if I closed it  it would appear again in a minute or less, the only way to stop this annoying box was to minimise it and leave it in the task tray.

As I was not there long enough to connect to the dial up I was unable to see if Claire's advice worked so I will have to come back on that one.

So I have two little annoying problems

Any ideas how to stop the second one?