Persistent Sky News banner!

Since updating our channel memorisation on Canal+ and Canalsat as requested this morning - 9/04 - the channel identification and summary banner at the foot of the screen refuses to leave us on Ch 362 - Sky News. It even has the audacity to tell us that the chaine is non accessible, patently untrue!! Ch 364 Travel has the same problem, although not as annoying because we hardly watch this.

I would appreciate being reassured that it is not our equipment at fault and that others have this problem, and would also be grateful if any viewers have found a way to solve it. I am reluctant to contact Canalsat at this stage because although my French is adequate for face to face conversation, the futility of arm waving, pointing and miming when using the phone puts me off.

Hopeful regards

Brian

It's gorn!!  Tuesday lunchtime, 14/04, our nagging banner has disparrued whence it came. Don't know how, where or why, but hopefully it won't return. Must admit to not realising how much we appreciated Sky News until we were deprived of the bottom third.

Regards to all

Brian