Broadband in Limousin 98% by June ?

I read in the localnews H.debit to reach 98% of consumers in the Limousin by June this Year. Does anyone know how I can find out if that will include me ? I live near Le Grand Bourg 15kms from Gueret and the usuall online sources tell me I am to far from my nearest exchange for broadband and the best offer is 512kbs only and I will still have to pay France telecom.

[quote user="Lorribee"]I read in the localnews H.debit to reach 98% of consumers in the Limousin by June this Year. Does anyone know how I can find out if that will include me ? I live near Le Grand Bourg 15kms from Gueret and the usuall online sources tell me I am to far from my nearest exchange for broadband and the best offer is 512kbs only and I will still have to pay France telecom.[/quote]

Enter your telephone number in this site www.degrouptest.com and it will tell you what is available. You can ask for a email to alert you to any change in the status of the local exchange but realistically, if you are in a very rural area, there is very little chance of anything faster than 512kb. At least it is a lot better than dial up.

Danny

Well in St Priest la Plaine you could expect to get 2Mbit, but I guessing you are some 4 or 5 kms further up the road?? (can't find you on my 'Autoroute', and my TomTom is currently enjoying a holiday in the UK). I wouldn't hold your breath for a great improvment any time soon.

But having said that, 512 k is not to be sniffed at; it's a hell of a lot better than dial-up.

p

Go for it, and then in some 6 months time, some twit from Orange will ring you and ask if you'd like to sign up to a TV via internet package !