property in brittany/josselin area

marym

hi,
we are new to this forum and i have lots of questions but first i would like some information on buying in the Josselin area as we are going out this week/monday 29th, to begin to search, we have visited this area before and find it quite nice.
has anyone property in this area, what are the prices like in the rural areas and are they likely to change/stay the same? with the euro/money in the black.
we are hoping to raise around 35/40k we have looked at various web sites including notaires sites but it seems that the french prefer faxes instead of websites so we have a limited veiw of properies so far,we also are quite ready to go a bit further Ploermel/Montfont surrounding villages etc.
the idea is for a farmhouse/longere with outbuildings with some land (pool comes to mind)about 2000/half acre not to bothered about the internal as we both can put our hand to rebuilding (my partner has a lot of expereince in all the building trades) but with water/electric fosse etc so if anyone can give their veiws they will be of great use. thank you. marym