Moving at last!

VandA

After the best part of 4 months we have at last got a tenant for our house in the UK and can now move to France. We are renting in Lamorlaye, near Chantilly (any nighbours here?)

I now have a million and one things to do and have been trying to glean advice from past posts. I have a thousand questions and wondered if I could call on your help?:

1) Most important this is a bank account. I will continue to be paid in the UK and will transfer money reguarly to France for our living expenses - any advice on the best way to do this?

2) I have seen the E106 mentioned - what is it? I will continue to pay UK NI contributions so will get french health care. How much would I pay a mutuelle to make up the difference?

3) I figured the Club-Internet ADSL service looked good. Anyone had any exprience?

4) We will be looking for C de S for myself and the family (wife and two youngsters). Do we just go to the Marie?

5) House insurance - when renting who pays building insurance? Where can I get a quote online for the contents?

6) Any advice on who to insure cars through? We have UK cars which we will register in France when we get a chance...

That is the first of many questions - would be grateful for any advice!

Adrian & Vanessa
(Getting excited now!)

I can comment on a few of your questions.
1. Bank Account - We opened an account with Credit Agricole. If you then contact Credit Agricole Indosuez in London you can set up a standing order to move money on a regular basis to your French account. The cost is 6 per transfer. There is a local charge when the money goes into your French account but that would arise however you moved money. To get details ring 02073039173/4/5.
2. ISP,s I suggest you also look at CTA who we use, it is designed for the Brit in France. Have a look at their site www.ctanet.com .
3. In our area, Mayenne, you go straight to the Prefecture for Carte Sejours.
4. The best insurer for UK registered cars in France seems to be Groupama but not all their offices are as keen as others. On cars do remember that you can't sell RHD cars easily in France.
You might find it better to switch to a LHD car before you move. We traded a RHD for a LHD with Left Hand Drive Place in Basingstoke. Have a look at their site www.LHDPlace.co.uk.
Hope these comments are helpful.
Patflan