Replacing the Orange livebox

Hi, I've got a problem with using the internet phone, it's worked fine for ages, when i phoned the helpline they said it must be the box, so they would send me another.

what i want to know is, it just a matter of pugging the leads into the new one, or do i have to do something on the computer.

They have told me to phone them if i have a problem, but i'm just wondering how difficult it will be.

I will be quite sorry to see it go, as the box is about 8 years old, so it's been a while since i've had to bother with it.

regards

You will need to know your login for the box, it came in the form of a letter when you got your first one. It will have a code that starts with fti/ then around 7 characters, you will also have a password.

Once you have the Livebox connected open your Internet Browser and where the website address is normally seen at the top type in 192,168,1,1. You will now be presented with the control panel of the Livebox. To enter your login and password you will have to 'login' to the Live box, the login name is Admin and the password is admin. You will then get a screen presented to you so you can enter your internet login (the fti/ bit is already there for you so just enter the bit that comes after it from your letter) and the password in the next box. It should now login and you will get 3 green lights (power, Internet and Telephone), you have to wait a few minutes for this to happen (it can take up to 4 or 5 minutes the first time) and that's it. With the new box, that's the one oblong shaped with a corner cut off you can change the language from French to English if you wish.