Replying to Postings (slowly)

Others may have problems with slow typing combined with fast thinking. My problem is slow thinking but fast typing. I've just given my all in replying to a posting on the La Mairie Forum, been cut off by my ISP in the process and now find when previewing that my message is gone! Am I alone in this? Is it best to type into Word first then copy? Any advice appreciated.

Magie

In theory, using word is the answer not least (for me anyway) because you can use spell check.
I've never got round to doing like that.... I'm far too hasty, although when I complained about the lack of spell check before I was advised to...the counsel of perfection!

Gay

Compose your reply off-line using a word processor. Then re-establish your connection and copy and paste your contribution.

You can always keep the browser open while you are off-line so that you can cunsult the message you are replying to, and, as Russethouse says, check your spelling and grammar.

Of course logging off and on is time consuming, but if you don't feel pressured into a rapid reply, this is probably the best approach to take.

Grenville

>.....been cut off by my
>ISP in the process....

I often have the same problem of appearing to the ISP to be inactive so I keep the contact "busy" by tuning in to a radio channel or logging on to some other 'constantly-monitoring' contact like Microsoft Messenger.
I don't know whether this makes down-loading pages any slower but it doesn't appear to me to be any problem.
Peter.