Livebox 2 and Kindle

My old Livebox got cooked by a thunderstorm and the replacement is a Livebox 2 (the rectangular one with the corner cut off). There was a long queue in the Orange shop in Aurillac, all people coming in with thunderstruck Liveboxes and going out with new ones. It was a fairly spectacular storm....

But the old Livebox gave me perfectly good WiFi connectivity to my Kindle. The new one is another matter: the Kindle can see the Livebox but can't connect to it.

Has anyone had a similar problem? Or can suggest a cure?

I should add that it was a good half an hour with the Orange helpline before I could get my OH's computer and my internet radio to connect to the Livebox 2: the essential change here (it turned out) was to disable the Livebox's MAC filtering (whatever that is). But the Kindle remains unconnected.

I assume that the settings on the old livebox were slightly different.

You should only have to enter the security key - without spaces - found on the livebox label (Clé de Securité) into the kindle when you press connect.

If that does not work then you could try changing the security settings in the livebox.

let us know

Danny

Danny

thanks for the suggestion. I have security turned off anyway (I live in the middle of nowhere).

The Livebox can see the Kindle - it's listed as a device that isn't connected on the Livebox's IP site - and the Kindle can see the Livebox - it's the only network within reach. But the Kindle says it can't connect. And nothing I've tried, such as pushing the physical "associate" button on the Livebox casing, has worked. The Livebox 2 says you don't need to use that button, so it's a surprise to find it is there. But at any rate it has no effect.

The 'associate' button is not the same as the previous models. It does not function as a device for switching on the association mode at all.

The large button in the middle of the front panel serves to turn off and on the wifi completely (hold in for 5 secs)

and also for 'wifi facile' - no need to type in the security key with certain compliant peripherals. (Hold in for one second)

but if you have no security active then you have no need to enter any security key. You should just click connect.

Can you go in to the wifi configuration pages.

Click here http://192.168.1.1/ to open,

enter your user name and password - 'admin' and 'admin' - unless you

have changed them. (It is is good idea to change this password too

anyway)

Press enter.

Click on the 'Configuration' tab.

Click on 'livebox' on the left then 'Paramétres wifi'

Please list exactly what you have on each line.

Activer le WiFi :

Nom du réseau (SSID) :

Diffuser le SSID :

Mode :

Numéro de canal :

Clef de sécurité :

Mode de sécurité :

Activer le Wifi Easy pairing :

Activer le WPS pairing :

Danny

Danny

after days of trying, finally serendipity.

I had a wifi extender installed and the Kindle was in range of both the extender and the Livebox. Once I unplugged the extender the Kindle would sync properly. I've now shifted the wifi extender a long way off and discovered that the Kindle will not sync with it. Possibly the extender is faulty (I shall try with a laptop later and find out). But in any event it blocks the Kindle when it is within range.

[edit] Thanks for the extra advice. I have been in and out of the Livebox parameters more times than I have had hot dinners, and I had it set (as I discovered) properly. Lord only knows what the Wifi Extender does to the Kindle's automatic sync-ing!

[edit, edit] And I've turned the Livebox's language to English, which makes it a little easier for me.