New-style Livebox and Wi-Fi Extender

I've got a problem with my Wi-Fi extender.

It worked fine with the old-style Livebox (the one shaped like a partly-open book). Since that became defunct and Orange replaced it with the new-style Livebox (the flat one with a corner cut off), the Wi-Fi extender doesn't do its job.

Computer equipment will find the Wi-Fi Extender and will say that the extender is sending out a good signal, but that there is no connectivity through to the internet. The same equipment logs on to the Livebox itself when within range of that, but when out of range of the Livebox and picking up a signal from the extender, there's no functioning internet connection. I've tried using the "associate" button on the Livebox - which I believe on this new-style Livebox is usually unnecessary anyway - but that doesn't help either. I don't need to use it when logging equipment on to the Livebox directly (ie not via the extender).

Presumably the new-style Livebox doesn't like letting equipment log on via the Extender.

There is no security set on the Livebox (we are in the middle of nowhere, and I am not concerned about unauthorised users).

When I log onto my Livebox's "site" in admin mode, I can see the devices that are connected to it. The Livebox "site" is slightly unreliable about this: for example, at present an internet radio is playing away via the Livebox, but the Livebox "site" says it is currently disconnected. But most of the time equipment that is connected is correctly shown on the Livebox "site" with a green wireless icon.

The Wi-Fi extender is one of Orange's own ones - on the back it says "Wi-Fi Extender Ref FTT 209342". It also lists two different MAC addresses - one is described as a "dLAN MAC" address, the other as a "WLAN MAC" address. I had considered adding one of these addresses manually to the "WiFI Settings/Paired devices" list on the Livebox "Site", but the "add" button is greyed out and won't let me add anything manually.

Has anyone any suggestions or useful links?

[quote user="Araucaria"]It also lists two different MAC addresses - one is described as a "dLAN MAC" address, the other as a "WLAN MAC" address. I had considered adding one of these addresses manually to the "WiFI Settings/Paired devices" list on the Livebox "Site", but the "add" button is greyed out and won't let me add anything manually.

[/quote]

Have you ticked the box 'enable MAC filtering' (Activer le filtrage MAC ) just above the 'add' (ajouter) button then 'save'(sauver) at the bottom of the page.

You should then be able to add items. Don't forget to save after any change.

Danny