Astra 1N - latest

Lyngsat is now listing a number of channels (Channel 5, 5USA, 5* etc) on Astra 1N  on its so-called 'UK transponders' - which I assume are the ones supposed to have a sharp cut-off in the channel,

They are perfectly fine on a 60cm dish in Central France, so unless Astra proposes to do some tweaking, I think 1N should be 'business as usual'

Mind you, it hasn't rained yet !

p

[quote user="Gyn_Paul"]Lyngsat is now listing a number of channels (Channel 5, 5USA, 5* etc) on Astra 1N  on its so-called 'UK transponders' - which I assume are the ones supposed to have a sharp cut-off in the channel,

They are perfectly fine on a 60cm dish in Central France, so unless Astra proposes to do some tweaking, I think 1N should be 'business as usual'

Mind you, it hasn't rained yet !

p
[/quote] If you are talking about normal TV (not HD or anything) then it's working fine down here (1 hr north of Perpignan) as well. If it's changed (how can I tell?) then we have not noticed. Mrs 'Q' is currently having her dose of Law and Order on 5 USA at present.

[quote user="krusty"]People down on the ground can not tell which satellite the signal is coming from and notice no change when it moves from one satellite to another.I think the programs we watch are coming from about 5 satellites at the moment.[/quote]

... they can if they bother to look at the Lyngsat page for 1N, which was the point of my post.

Sorry you're beyond the edges of the known world.... I understand BT are currently dismantling Goonhilly Down...  might be a suitable-sized dish there for you !

p

[quote user="Gyn_Paul"][quote user="krusty"]People down on the ground can not tell which satellite the signal is coming from and notice no change when it moves from one satellite to another.I think the programs we watch are coming from about 5 satellites at the moment.[/quote]

... they can if they bother to look at the Lyngsat page for 1N, which was the point of my post.

Sorry you're beyond the edges of the known world.... I understand BT are currently dismantling Goonhilly Down...  might be a suitable-sized dish there for you !

p
[/quote]

I had a look on the website and found the page. Can you tell us in very simplistic layman's none techie way what number(s) we have to look at on the table and what we have to look at on our Sky box's to see if we are using Astra 1 N or not? Thanks.

[quote user="Quillan"]

[quote user="Gyn_Paul"][quote user="krusty"]People down on the ground can not tell which satellite the signal is coming from and notice no change when it moves from one satellite to another.I think the programs we watch are coming from about 5 satellites at the moment.[/quote]

p

[/quote]

I had a look on the website and found the page. Can you tell us in very simplistic layman's none techie way what number(s) we have to look at on the table and what we have to look at on our Sky box's to see if we are using Astra 1 N or not? Thanks.

[/quote]

Q.,

this is the page for the entire list of  transponders beamed from 28.2 E   :  http://www.lyngsat.com/28east.html

and this is the page for those few currently on 1N   : http://www.lyngsat.com/astra1n.html

as you will see there are only a relative few on 1N.

I don't think they are duplicated on other sats so it's reasonable to assume that those listed on the UK beam of 1N are being received by your Sky box from there.

If you wanted to be *really* sure, you could always go to the Sky 'add other channels' menu and tonk in the details from theLyngsat 1N page (10964H 2200, 5/6). You box should search and find them. Though,  for myself, I'm happy to take Lyngsat's word for it.

p

ps. any idea why did that 2009 post about setting up a dish came to the top without any recent posting added?