blocked mobile- clé reseau?

I turned on my cheap mobile yesterday and it asked for the clé reseau, I don't know why it wanted this or where to get it!

It was bought with an orange sim card, but I was able to use a different sim card after a certain time and by getting a code from Orange. I don't know if I need to go back to orange but as I am not using their card anymore, I don't suppose they will be much help.

I do have the phones IMEI no on the box but cannot use my phone for anything until I put in the right number. anyone know how I can find it please?

I'm not sure of the answer, but I've seen this question asked on a French forum and the majority opinion seems to be that if you call whoever sold you the phone, they should give you the clé réseau as long as you can quote the original phone number and the IMEI.  (Presumably you can find another phone to make the call!)

I didn't see any mention of Orange, but a couple of people said they had succeeded, one with France Telecom and one with SFR.

Good luck.

Thank you I have tried the phone with another orange sim card ( not the original one ) and the phone is working ok. I really want to put my eclerc sim back in though as it's cheaper. I think maybe now that I need the numbers that came with the eclerc card which I can't find so I will start a trip to eclerc card.