Veolia - English speaking helpline

Not quite TV or telephone, however along the same lines. Is there an English speaking helpline for Veolia? We have lost water pressure in the house, and have sent 2 emails to their contact email address (in french) last week but no reply to date. We have a baby & no water pressure is not very handy for bath thime or washing clothes...

Cant help you with a phone number but on a practical level have any of your neighbours noticed a drop in pressure or flow?

If not then it will be either a leak or restriction of bore serving your property causing a reduced flow on demand, as unless your property is significantly higher than your neighbours then the pressures have to be be the same (law of physics) notwithstanding that you may have a pressure reducer fitted.

Open and close the stopcock serving your property, check there isnt any other valve partially closed, check your detendeur de pression if fitted, check for leaks or damp soil patches, the water company will normally be responsible for any repairs upstream of their meter.

Describing a technical matter with the help of an online translator is a lot easier than trying to explain the technical nuances of the problem and the various fault finding self diagnosis you have done over the phone. 'Everyday French' would not necessarily equip you for knowing your pressure relief valve from your backflow preventer when asked about it in French. I only posted the question because EDF & Orange etc. have English speaking helplines, and I had not been able to find one for Veolia by my own endeavours.

[I]  Why not try phoning them anyway? I've phoned them for my brother-in-law a couple of times, he doesn't speak French. However, when I got through, on both occasions, I found myself speaking to someone who had at least a little English and who insisted on trying it out on me, which worked OK. You can always hang up if it turns out to be too difficult.

You are right Sid. In the 2 years that we have been here we have had a baby, bought a car & a house, and rented out another - all new experiences not normally covered in Lingaphone!. In the end, we have always muddled through with our pigin French and somebody elses rubbish English - usually worse than out French!, and in truth we have never been stuck. I just wondered re the helpline as I prefer to get a job done properly with the minimum of grief.