Hotmail/Outlook Problem

Having recently had a scare over our email account being hacked I've had to change our password system for everything we access via the 'net. Fortunately nothing else untoward seems to have happened (banks, insurance etc.)

I decided not to be permanently logged in so that each time I access our hotmail account I put the first letter of our email account into the box asking for the email and a drop down brings up the full address. Not particularly worried about that as our email address is in the public domain any way.

However earlier today I brought up the email address when signing in, thought I'd clicked on the password box, and typed in our new password. I hadn't clicked the password box and we now have a drop down under the email box which is our actual email plus our password.

Anyone know how to get rid of this please as it compromises the whole of our password system?

When the login or password you want to remove is shown in the drop-down box, it is highlighted (in blue?).

At that point, do not click or hit Esc, simply use the Delete key (suppr on a Fr keyboard) when the word is highlighted.

However, Autocomplete is a Windows feature and it's likely to reappear unless you turn it off.

Try Start - Control Panel - Internet Options - Content - Autocomplete.

Without knowing what you're using (Windows?? with IE?? or Firefox), I can only suggest you do a search for the info if that doesn't help.

Edit:

In Internet Explorer, this feature is called

AutoComplete.

The next time an incorrect entry

appears in a form field, right-click on it select Delete then retype the

correct entry.

You can disable the facility by going to Tools > Internet

Options > Content tab
and under AutoComplete click Settings and there you

will find a button to delete all AutoComplete entries content, so you can

start afresh.

(source)