Free to air HD channels?

Hi, I have an old Sky+HD box with an old Tesco clubcard in it (I was told you got a couple of extra channels by putting any sort of card in - not sure if its true). I don't seem to be able to get ITV 2,3 & 4HD or Channel 5HD, but can get all the BBC HD channels, ITVHD and Channel 4HD. I can get all the equivalent SD channels, and I thought all the ITV and Channel 5 HD channels would be free to air, so wondered if I've got that wrong? Does anyone know what HD channels should be available without a subscription, and does the clubcard make any difference to the channels available? Many thanks

I'm afraid you won't get them.   Due to the toothless so-called regulator (Ofcom) the independent television companies' noses are unfortunately not being held to the grindstone,  so they prefer to jump into bed with Sky and confine their HD offerings (apart from ITV "1" itself) to pay packages.

Taking careful note of the colour codes used you can ascertain whether you've got everything from here

http://www.lyngsat.com/Eutelsat-28A-and-Astra-2A-2E-2F.html

Did you get your complicated system working in the end D D?

Hi Martin, thanks for that. Yes, I did get it sorted, but I guessed what the problem was myself and told the engineers rather than them working it out! In the end they simply hadn't correctly matched the 4 outputs from the Quattro LNB to the 4 inputs on the mini-switch in the sous-sol. As soon as they did that, bingo, everything worked fine. Fingers crossed it stays that way!