Samsung Smart TV Problem

As others helped me with my mobile phone I thought I might try and help some others, good turn deserves another etc.

If you have a Samsung Smart TV and you use it as such i.e. connect to the Internet you may today experience some weird going on's. The symptoms are that it will come on, go to the Smart Hub, pause for about a minute and switch off. The remote control will have no effect neither will the manual control at the back of the TV, they are both non responsive. It will continue to do this until you pull the power lead out.

Do not despair there is a simple fix. Over the last couple of days Samsung has sent a firmware upgrade to your TV and it has screwed it and you need to reset the TV. You can't of course do this because the remote and manual controls don't work. This is what you do. Remove EVERY cable, including the power cable from the TV. Plug in the power cable and the TV should come on and display the Smart Hub but now the remote should work. Use the Menu button and go to the menu marked Support where you will find you can select Self Diagnostics which has another sub-menu from which you select Reset. You will need the pin you used when you set up the TV the first time to continue. What this will do, with the exception of your network connection, is reset your TV back to how it came out of the box. It will also put the firmware back to the previous version. You will then have to complete the "out of the box" setup and everything will work as before. This fix is from Samsung direct over the phone and not from any dodgy website. Samsung have suspended sending out the update and are currently working on another one minus the problem.