looking for a poodle/bichon cross/mongrel

We are looking for a small/ medium female puppy (up to 4 or 5 months max) with a non-casting coat so something with poodle in the ancestry or bichon or coton.  I would love to be able to offer a home to an older dog but our family circumstances can't cope with that situation right now. (All our previous dogs were rescues.) We would consider a pure bred, but prefer mixtures. Can anyone help? Thanks. [:D]

It seems strange that no one has come back with any suggestions - though I guess it is mainly older dogs who end up in the refuges.  If you haven't done so already it would be worth contacting the people at Phoenix (www.phoenixasso.com); I believe they occasionally take in pregnant females or bitches with pups and if they know you are looking for something with a poodle or coton type coat then I am sure they will keep their ears open.  That type of crossbreed is quite common around us (65) and any puppies are invariably free to good homes so it would be worth looking on the petites annonces boards in your nearby supermarkets and also looking/asking at the local vet.

Good luck!

Val

Thanks, I will try that,. We have left our details at the vets, and check notice boards regularly. If anyone does have, or know of such a pup in the future please let us know - I have a feeling it might be a long wait.

Could you be interested in a Parson Jack Russel?  We had a litter in March and they are ready 5/5/07.  We have 1 male left to sell.  Excellent linage (parents show winning, and father french travail champions)  Full LOF, vacs and chipped.  Email me if interested or want more info.

• 3 weeks later...
We are still looking, still checking vets and rescue centres near us. Are there really so few cross poodle pups?  We really prefer a dog with a non shedding coat any help appreciated.

To JMW who originally wrote the request for a poodle type dog.......

Please look at the site Christine has given you (just above this message) and please think about taking a rescue dog. They ALL need a home! And they look adorable. They will give you so much love in return!

Just go and have a look...and fall in love all over again!!