Looking for a Puppy...

We are moving to the Dordogne in  August (about 30 minutes from Bergerac) and we are looking for a puppy for our 8 year old.  

If you know anyone who has a dog about to have puppies that will need new homes we can help!!! and we would love to hear from you!  [:D]

If you are looking for a particular breed then local papers or vets are normally full of ads for them, but please do consider contacting Christine (you'll see her details throughout the pets threads on this forum) - I don't think she's that far from you and I'm sure she could find you something that needs a good home!

Jane

Thanks for the reply - I'd not thought of vets.   We will try all our local rescue centres I just wasn't sure how easy it is to find a puppy... we're not worried about a breed, a mixture will be just as loved!  There seems to be a shortage of puppies here, unless we want to pay a great deal for a breed - I wasn't sure if it's the same over there, so I though I would start the search now.  It's not that we mind paying for a dog, just not £400...[8-)]

My little boy has wanted his own dog/puppy for ages now.  We tried a rescue dog which was sadly unsuccessful (we discovered he didn't like little children and the Blue Cross advised us to bring him back - very very sad for everyone!) so we promised a puppy but not whilst we both worked.  When we knew we were moving to France we agreed that a puppy would be a great idea and it has now become really important to my son... it's part of his move package!

I'll keep my finger crossed that something comes up - Does anyone know how much a breed like a Lab costs in France?

All the notice boards in our local supermarkets have petites annonces for puppies (and kittens) free to good homes at the moment.  Judging from the photos most of them are crossbreeds (lots of lab x setters and beauceron x collie types).  We are further south than you (65) but I would think the notice boards in your area will be sporting the same kind of thing - try the local free papers, too, and the boards at the vet's.

Good luck!

Val

You wont see many pedigree (LOF) registered dogs under 400 euro, and 500 - 1000 is much more typical, just depends on how well the  dog meets the breed specs.  Just had a litter of 4 Parson Russel Terriers, LOF/chipped and vaccinated.  Excellent linage (elite classifications in parentage). Only 1 male left, he's as handsome as they come.  Not allowed to advertise on here so if interested email  for pics and price.  and we are not far from you  ??

Once again - thanks for the comments - I'm begining to feel more positive.  We're really not worried about a breed, just a family dog that we can love!  I was worried we would have a problem but from what you say we'll find the perfect pup for us! [:)]