Bouvier Bernoise/Bernese Mountain Dog needs new home.

With much sadness, some friends of mine have to reluctantly rehome their Bouvier Bernoise, Balou.
He is 14 months old and has taken a violent dislike to their 3 year old spaniel, to the point where he has had to go to a nearby kennels as it has become impossible for them to stay together, but the kennels can only keep him for a couple of weeks.
He is absolutely gorgeous, the most gentle dog normally, and is fine with other dogs, especially bitches, and cats, but his owners have asked that he be re-homed as an only dog with no children.
He has not been neutered, but is vaccinated and chipped.
Unfortunately I am unable to open the photos I have been sent - Cally50, if you are there, could you post the ones you have, please?

If you would like anymore information, please e-mail me and I will send you the phone number to call. He is in Manche (50) near to Carentan.

Thanks very much

Chris

I have followed this thread with interest and I too am delighted the boy now has a new home!

My daughter who is out in Nepal working has a Tibetan Mountain Dog called Alfric. He is very much the dominant male - even though he has had the 'op'! She also has a street dog that followed her home one day and whom the locals say is half a hyena. Now that seems to make sense as he has the hyena stripes and has a very good line in howling. However Scrapper (as she calls her street dog) always wants to play fight with Alfric and that is how he got his name. Alfric will only do so much because when he has had enough, he puts young Scrapper in his place.

Another funny things is that the locals cannot pronounce the English 's', so his name when they call him is a source of amusement!