Where is the rescue centre?

After Christmas we intend to take in another rescue dog but it must be small, young and get along with our 'baby' that we love dearly already and rules the roost.  We understand that there is a rescue centre in Chateauroux (Indre) which is near us.  Can anyone kindly give me the website as I can't seem to find anything.  Also, any advice on what the score is with French rescue centres (are they vaccinated or chipped etc) and how to take one in without putting our 'baby's nose out of joint would be gratefully received!  From Smurf.  (PS - this is my first posting on the site, apologies if this information is already available!)

Hi

Good luck with finding what you want, we too were worried about putting our current dog out when we rescued our new young dog and at first it was tough, they were lots of growls and snarls  (only from the old dog) but I'm looking at them now, curled up together, they play all day and really do get on, this is after a couple of months but they seemed to bury the hatchet after about 2 weeks.  I was advised not to overly fuss the new dog in the house and to make sure top dog knew he was still top dog, gets his maels first, etc., that seems to work and I still do this to an extent although they both jump on my lap for a hugs these days!

Panda

The SPA rescue centre is near the airport at Chateauroux.  The staff there are very kind and helpful.  They did not seem to have many small dogs when we were last there, but there were many medium size dogs all looking for a permanent home.

We have had two adult cats and one puppy setter from there and all is well with them.

I hope you find what you are looking for.

Patricia