Butagaz

Hi.

We are waiting a date to complete on our French House.

A few weeks ago I recieved from the French estate agents a Contrat for Butagaz which I presume we need to complete in order to take over the supply from the previous owner.

Just a few questions:

1. It seems that we have to pay a deposit for the fuel tank, which is 880 Eur for tank with a 1200Kg capacity is this correct?

2. The estate agents have filled in what our annual consumption will be as 1.5 tonnes - just about evrything is run by gas exept for lighting - does this seem right even if we will only be visting around six times a year at the moment.

3. Do we have to fill the tank up?

4. Should we have this done before we complete the sale or can we wait until that has been done?

Many thanks

St. Jacques

>Hi.
>
>We are waiting a date to
>complete on our French House.
>
>
>A few weeks ago I recieved
>from the French estate agents
>a Contrat for Butagaz which
>I presume we need to
>complete in order to take
>over the supply from the
>previous owner.
>
>Just a few questions:
>
>1. It seems that we
>have to pay a deposit
>for the fuel tank, which
>is 880 Eur for tank
>with a 1200Kg capacity is
>this correct?
>
1. This sounds about right - but all the gas companies vary a bit. You are basically renting/leasing their tank. There is often an option to actually buy the tank, but then you are responsible for maintaining it.

>2. The estate agents have
> filled in what our
>annual consumption will be as
>1.5 tonnes - just about
>evrything is run by gas
>exept for lighting - does
>this seem right even if
>we will only be visting
>around six times a year
>at the moment.

2. Ignore it. There is no obligation to use a certain amount and the Agents have probably just filled in a gap on the form with something. You'll find out what you use when you start using it.

>3. Do we have to
>fill the tank up?

3. Eventually you will need to top up your tank. You shoudl find a dial on it somewhere which will tell you either the percentage filled at the time or the actual measurement. We usually run at about 40% and top up when it gets to 25% or so. It takes an age to get down there and we live here permanently.

>4. Should we have this
>done before we complete the
>sale or can we wait
>until that has been done?

4.If you mean top up your tank, it can probably wait until you have completed your sale. Any paperwork is best put in hand as soon as possible after completion - it can take an age!
>
>Many thanks
>
>St. Jacques

Good luck, and welcome to France.
Kathryn