RIP Patricia

I already mentioned Patricia, President of Rackaila4Pattes under another thread concerning category dogs:

Patricia loves all dogs and is especially concerned for the "molosses" (a word I dislike).  She is a very controlled, placid, kind person.  She knows they are suffering from discrimination and bad publicity due to the medias and a few very bad owners.  She knows you should never leave a young child alone with dogs, whatever breed, that these dogs are not nastier than others with love and the right education.  'CE N'EST PAS LES RACES A PUNIR , MAIS LES MAUVAIS MAITRES !!

I am very sad to have heard today that Patricia died the night before last (from meningitis I believe).  Here is what someone who knew her well wrote:

"Au caractère solide, dur et dynamique; tu as agit, tu t'es battue pour nous, chiens de catégories et autres molosses.

Tu savais vouloir et savais ce que tu voulais ; forte tête, explosive, tu avais une générosité incarnée.

Timide cachée, tu étais capable de mettre les autres en confiance.

Dans ta souffrance, une force insoupçonnée, ta volonté de déplacer les montagnes et de sauter les obstacles.

Ta force, tu l'as puisée partout, elle était ta famille, tes amis et nous, tes toutous.

L'envie de vivre s'est tassée, la maladie t'a emportée.

Je ne sais pas si sans toi nous gagnerons le combat contre l'intolérance et l'ignorance.

Nous allons devoir supporter ton absence, puis fatalement l'accepter.

Tu as rejoint MIKE, ton chien, ton ami comme tu savais si bien l'exprimer.

Nous te disons au revoir.."

Patricia tried to help me save little Lily at Niort.  Though we failed, her support and kindness were wonderful.  The French rescue network has lost a very important and determined member and we have all lost a great friend.  My thoughts also go to her husband and her children.

Poor Patricia, why did this have to happen to you and so young?  Tu nous manqueras, on ne t'oubliera pas, tu étais une Grande.

http://rackaila4pattes.forumscompany.com/