Successful Rescue Deux-Sèvres

Just wanted to tell you a happy story.  During the very cold spell earlier in January four dogs were in the kennels of a Deux-Sèvres mairie and were going to be put down, a Fox Terrier, a female Beagle, a young Labrador and an elderly Collie cross.

Thanks to the solidarity and hard work of French rescuers, they have all been saved.  The Fox Terrier was adopted by someone who had lost their little dog.  The adorable little Beagle has been taken to the SPA of Carquefou (Nantes) a refuge which does not put animals down.  Here she is at the mairie

and out and on her way

They say she is absolutely adorable and is now waiting for someone to offer her a good home.

I was contacted by an English couple who were looking for a very young dog or pup as company for their very young dog they had recently rescued.  Ours were either too small or too old.  I showed them this picture of the eighteen month old Labrador

They went and got him out.  Here is Theo enjoying his first evening in his new home.  [:)]

But what has prompted me to post this is the rescue of the poor thirteen year old Collie out in that awful weather as he could not or did not want to go into his shelter.

Just look at him now!

Someone has offered this old dog a home, but until the covoiturage is organised he is in foster care with a young couple who have spent a lot of time washing, brushing and loving him with spectacular results.

These are just examples of what French rescuers are doing all the time for any pet, young or old, or handicapped.  I think it gives a breath of fresh air in these rather morose times.

Thanks for posting this lovely news Christine. It makes a change from all the sad stories we hear.

The Lab looks as though he's really made himself at home, the collie looks wonderful & certainly doesn't look his age, & let's hope the lovely Beagle will get her new home very soon, she certainly looks like a beautiful, gentle friend for some lucky family.

I would like to say on behalf of all of us animal lovers,a big thanks to people like yourself who devote a huge amount of time & effort to helping save these lovely animals & you all deserve a medal.

We've rescued dogs in the past & they have all made the most brilliant pets. Our situation is such that we can't do this just now, but one day we're hoping to be able to share our home again with a lovely four legged friend, it's certainly poorer without them.