Looking for good home for our dog

Hi,  We are looking for a new home for our dog as we are leaving France. 

Rufus is a male Collie cross English setter 3 years old.

He is fully house trained,  good with children, cats, other dogs, chickens, turkeys and ducks :)

It's no easy task trying to find a new home for our dog.  Situations beyond our control mean that we have to go back to England in a little over a months time.  Because of the fact of him not having a pet passport it's impossible to take him with us (even though that would be our ideal solution) and it is equally impossible for us to wait here in France for the 6 month period whilst he has his jabs and blood tests.  We have hunted for "dog-sitters" or "temporary fosterers" but to no avail.  So we are left with the hard option.

Rufus needs human contact.  We were given him at just 3 days old and bottle fed him throughout his infancy.  We think this is the reason that he loves to be around people and needs a good cuddle.  He is great with kids,  loves visiters,  loves walks and swimming in lakes.  My children take him out alot as he is not a handful at all. 

He does traval in the car but does not find it pleasable,  he just pants alot

He does like sniffing bums which can be inbarrising but it's just something he does.

He is just a very friendly easy going dog.

He eats dried complete food and after dinner scraps and loves a biscuit.

[IMG]http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg78/lisacreuse/hpim2212.jpg[/IMG]

If anybody is interested in giving a new home to our dog or have any questions then please msg me on this forum

Many thanks

Lisa

• 2 weeks later...
There are lots of adverts for pet sitters on the AngloINFO forum I notice recently - I know because I have been in touch with a couple just recently.  In particular a retired couple who are going to send me their details tomorrow and I can pass them on to you if you would like.  It seems very sad that you have to leave such a lovely dog behind for the sake of some simple paperwork and a blood test!  Also, have you tried the English folks who run the dog rescue place called Phoenix who are often mentioned on here?  We got our three rescue dogs from them and they have foster people who might be able to help you wait out the six months with him.  Is he chipped and castrated?