New kittens

Oh perhaps you may wonder why I was up so early...well in the middle of the night the neighbour's cat gave birth to kittens in our house!Looks like I have a problem or 4 to deal with....not sure that this lady is an animal lover.As her two cats seem to be taking bed and breakfast with us....now it is room service too.

We love animals...we found a hedge-hog in the vent of the swimming pool.....he was rescued and persuaded into a cat-box.He appeared to be ok!

Hi Jon

Seems we share a problem!  I have an adopted cat and kittens who've moved in.  The mum will move the kittens soon, they like to leave behind the scent of the birth and so she may move out, more likely she will move them somewhere else within the house where B&B are served!

Mine are just about to fledge (7 weeks old), they have been great entertainment and all are rehomed now!

Panda

Oh yes they will be lovely...alas the mother belongs next door?!The neigbour, however forgets to feed her cats...thats why they want to be with us.

She will have to be "taken care of" I guesse it will be me who gets it sorted.The dad is my cat[well he comes and goes when he wishes...and I have tried to keep him in long enough to keep him away from food in order to "get him done"Oh well!Well I will take everyone to the vets soon!

Good luck jon - and thanks for looking after the kittens and mum. BUT GET THAT TOM TO THE VET QUICK - or it will keep happening.

When mi girls were little and we used to come and visit my parents here in the Jura, the local farmer always made sure there was a litter of kittens for them to tame and play with, with his children too. They loved it. Little did they know that the ba.....d would drown them as soon as we left when they were maybe 6 weeks old. I tried to talk to him re. castrating the toms around the farm- but he said he was a man so couldn't get his toms done! he is a multimillionaire, but says vet too expensive anyway!

It's no surprise to me that the man you knew would drown them Odile sadly, the cat charity here wanted me to take my litter ot the vets and have them put down as soon as they were born. It realy upset me and I've proved them wrong by rehoming all of them.

How could they?

[IMG]http://i688.photobucket.com/albums/vv246/bebekittens/IMGP1559blacky.jpg[/IMG]

I so agree Panda that rehoming them is the best possible outcome. But I do feel that it may be better to drown them immediately (I couldn't do it of course!) - what was so dreadful was keeping them just to amuse the kids and drown them when young adults when it is much harder and disgusting.

The very best thing though is to make sure that Toms are neutered and female spayed asap.