Now if you don't melt, little Alf, Deux-Sèvres pound

I agree with you , Christine, I am working on OH. He is still saying no more dogs but Alf has got to me. I do  not know if I will  manage to persuade Oh but I know Alf or Alfie as I prefer to call him will evenually melt someones heart.  I wish it could be mine,,,,,men.  Arrghrrrrr.

I think he must be in the same place as your Lab was if that can be of any influence.  Though maybe you would be better off taking a female?  Thanks for your support anyway Val.

He is a special little thing and definitely should not be in there.  What about fostering him until a permanent home can be found, but then you wouldn't be able to let him go would you.   [:)]

I would never be able to let him go if I fostered him. Our Lab was on death row and we rescued him with just a day or so to go before he would have been put down. Surely you are not saying that this little fellow is about to face that are you ?  PLEASE  someone out there give this little guy a chance, he is so cute and deserves a good and happy life.

Having had rescue Boxers over the years we know what wonderful creatures they are, we just adore them. I am not sure having another big dog would be right for us now ( getting a bit old ). I will mention her to OH as he has a real soft spot for them. Why do you say a female would be better for us ? Do you think our Lab would not take to another man around the house ?

Our Lab does not seem to be an Alpha male as when friends bring their male dogs around he just wants to play with them and it is them that bark and growl at him. I know what you mean though as two dogs together cannot always be trusted.

What a wonderful ending to a very sad tale. He is one lucky little boy and I feel so happy that he is going to have the life he deserves. He is such an endearing little chap and I know he will be greatly loved by these kind people. Well done Christine, how  lucky we are to have you.  [:D]

[quote user="Christine Animal"]

It's not through me.  Association Galia must have put an ad and found this couple who had recently lost their elderly dog.

[/quote]

All praise to Association Galia who are wonderful and work really hard ... but that's exactly what you do too, Christine. And if they hadn't found someone to home Alf then your spreading of the word re these numerous dogs-lacking-a-loving-home-of-their-own might just have done the trick.

Let's all remember Clinton, who is still waiting for his 'place to be'.

http://www.completefrance.com/cs/forums/1825589/ShowPost.aspx

Sue