Vick the Weimaraner, SPA Angoulême

Such a beautiful boy yearning for someone to come and love him and take him home!

And if you do meet him, you will fall in love with this gentle, handsome dog who is sociable, very loving and they say fine with children and other dogs (though he has not been used to cats).  He is obedient and well behaved in the car and would love so much a drive to a new home and happiness. 

Vick is just at a nice mature and calm age, his date of birth being February 2004.  Such charm and beauty should not be wasted any longer. 

Here is his post on the SPA, Mornac's site: Vick

Merci Merlin.   [kiss]

Have you seen, they have put some new and better photos on his link above.

"Gentil, affectueux, délicat et attentif."  That says it all, so does his distressed expression on the last photo.  Why oh why doesn't anyone bother about me?  He is still playful and wanting to please.  I threw him a toy when I was there and he jumped to get it, then I had to walk away, feeling very sad for him.

Where are all the good homes, is everyone thinking about going on holiday?  This is a dog to be proud of, a head turner when out for a walk.  He shouldn't be there waiting.

Hi Christine - Siobain from Hope Assoication, saw my post and said she was at the SPA yesterday and spoke to Nadine there who said that they have a home for Vick??  I hope this is correct - I will leave him on the page for now unless I hear otherwise from you.

I just got Nadine.  It seems Vick was on trial with someone with other dogs and they soon brought him back as they say he doesn't like to be left on his own, wants to be close to people.  Nothing drastic, the poor thing wasn't even given the chance to adapt and settle!

So he is still hoping for that right person to love him.   [:)]

OK - will keep him on the page then, poor boy .......... people make me want to spit sometimes and that's being polite as the relevant expletives would not be postable and fairly useless anyway!  He's so beautiful, someone must want him!

• 3 weeks later...
Hello,

I am really interested in adopting Vick.

I am used to weimaraner dogs as I have owned a beautiful boy, who sadly died Christmas 2009.

I will be able to take Vick at the end of June, but can't at the moment as I'm currently in a gite.

I would love to come and visit him to see how he gets on with my twin boys aged 7 years.

If he likes us,I'm sure we'll love him and give him a very good home for his later years.

When can we visit Vick?

Thank you for your message Choo.  I could no longer find Vick on the SPA site, so I contacted Nadine and she says he is reserved, what a shame.  If ever it doesn't work out or if there is another Weimaraner, I'll let you know.  Where are you going to be, in Charente?

Many thanks again.

When I have confirmation that he has been adopted, I'll post it here.

Hi, oh what a shame! I was really excited about him joining our home. I hope it works out for Vick. I'm glad his found someone to look after him.

I'm in the north Dordogne and can't wait to have another dog....or two, a house is not a home without a dog!

Kind Regards

choo

Well Choo here are a few for you to ponder if you don't mind something other than Vick....http://doglinks.wordpress.com/

Also there is Phoenix in the Dordogne and there are various links on my site to other rescue refuges including Christine's - so many lovely faces waiting to grab at your heart and make your home..... a home!!  good luck

[quote user="Christine Animal"]

I just got Nadine.  It seems Vick was on trial with someone with other dogs and they soon brought him back as they say he doesn't like to be left on his own, wants to be close to people.  Nothing drastic, the poor thing wasn't even given the chance to adapt and settle!

So he is still hoping for that right person to love him.   [:)]

[/quote]

That sounds about par for the course for a weimeraner.  We have never had such a "needy" dog.  He loves to be with you and will lean against you just to touch.  When we go away he mopes even though he is with 2 other dogs and our housesitters are always family he has known his whole life.

Wouldnt be without him though