Good home waiting for male Teckel

If any of you know of a little boy Teckel please let me know. I have an English lady with a little female dog who has just lost her lifelong companion Jack Russell who was 22! She's pining for a friend and her owner would love to have a Teckel as she loves the characters of this breed. I know what she means as I have one but she can't have him as we love him too much to part with!

Hi Merlin

There are lots on www.leboncoin.fr at the moment ranging from thoroughbreds at huge prices to a young 'mostly teckel' at €50, and even a teckel/jack russell cross; quite a few in Aveyron too.  Some of them are young dogs needing a home because of change of circumstances and others are puppies from breeders.  I hadn't realised until I looked how many types of teckel there are, from smooth-coated to rough-coated chaps with square faces!  Anyway, hope your friend manages to find a companion for her little dog.

Val

Just been looking at the link you gave me Val - OMG I couldn't drag myself away! When you see the numbers of puppies and breeders advertising dogs for breeding it makes me quake and realise the enormity of the disaster scenario for dogs in this country! And that was just on the Teckel pages! Puppies and puppies and puppies and heaven only knows how they end up - some of the pictures leave you in no doubt as to the lives that await them. Makes me want to throw in the towel and set fire to all hunters in this country (and Spain etc) and the B breeders as well.... I wish I hadn't looked. But too many people shut their eyes to it all ..... so we can't give up!

Oh dear - I knew that would happen if you looked at Leboncoin Merlin - it's a nightmare!!  But sometimes needy dogs are also successfully re-homed on there, small mercies!  It is such a popular and well known site, have to make it work for the needy dogs too!

Keep on trucking!

Jouals

Sorry, Merlin, to have given you such an upsetting link but if your lady could take on one of the poor creatures advertised (particularly one with no papers and of slightly mixed parentage and so probably of less general appeal) then that's one who will have a far better life than he would otherwise have had.  The vast breeding business is horrendous but very hard to tackle except by helping one dog at a time...

Val

Hey don't apologise Val - these things have to be faced up to and if we can help one a time it's better than none! I have given this lady the link and told her to persevere as she said she is prepared to travel for the right dog - but I just learnt she has cats and hens though...... OMG not going to be easy then!