Copies of Certificates

Sharonclarke

Can someone please direct me to where I can download the existing PET certificates, I have trawlled through Defra without success and it takes them up to 15 days to reply to emails!!!

I know about the new PET passport coming into effect in July, but I would really like to read the PETS1,3 and 5. I will be taking one dog who will be returning to the UK every now and then and several cats who will be resident in France only.

Many thanks
Shazie

Don't know that you can download the certificate (PET1). In Great Britain, this is completed and issued by a government-authorised vet known as a Local Veterinary Inspector (LVI). Most small animal veterinary practices in Britain have a resident LVI. If not, your own vet may be able to tell you where the nearest one works. Your local Defra Animal Health Divisional Office can also provide details.

If you are having no joy on the e-mails you could call DEFRA on 0870 241 1710 8.30am 5pm Monday to Friday.

Regards,
Forum Admin

>Can someone please direct me to
>where I can download the
>existing PET certificates, I have
>trawlled through Defra without success
>and it takes them up
>to 15 days to reply
>to emails!!!

Hi Shazie,

15 daze, not bad for Deaf-ra. But seriously if you ask your local vet's they should be able to sort you out with the forms for the passport.

Good luck,

John.

Hi,

It's my experience that you have to deal with the entire PETS process by snail mail, you can't download forms although you can certainly read up on all the information on the DEFRA website. But the people to get in touch with are your LOCAL DEFRA (by phone not email) they send you out the relevant forms (these are watermarked and (possibly)numbered. They will only accept your application on that form, not a photocopy, not a fax, not an email.

Penny