Journey planning

Joanne

Having hopefully sorted out the legal requirements to take out 4 cats to France (see last post) I'm now stuck on the practicalities.  As we are moving a long way south we would prefer to stop overnight halfway (as our removals man is going to do).  Has anybody done this with their animals? I've seen dogs in Etaps but then thats not quite the same as 4 cats!

Hi

We moved to SW France in March with 2 large dogs.  We'd actually planned not to stop overnight but ended up having to due to blizzards.  We stayed in a hotel that had a tariff for "animals"(not specifically dogs).  The next morning when we left, one of my dogs started taking an interest in the chamber maid as she left the room next door only to be told by her that there were 2 cats in there!  I doubt very much if you would encounter a problem, especially if you have baskets for them.

Good luck 

Joanne.

We moved to the Charente Maritime (17) in April with 3 dogs, 1 Rottweiler and 2 Lhasa Apsos.  Having done a bit of homework on previous journeys we knew that the Kyriad chain of hotels allow you to have your pets in your room with you so we stayed at the Kyriad Caen Sud.  We did see a number of cat baskets going in and out.  One time we stayed at the Ibis on the north side of Caen and noticed that they also accommodated pets.  I shouldn't think you will have any problems.

Sue