Permanent move with cat

Annhopkins

Be careful, whatever happens, our beloved cat was taken from us last year by the dogs behind.  We're still trying to get over it, not sure about jabs and stuff though as we had planned to take our cat back to England afterwards.

Mind you, saying that, the surviving cat we decided would stay in London with my Mum as we were so worried about the same thing happening to him, and he has now been missing for 3 weeks.

Just be aware that there are  many dangers for cats in rural France, dogs,  poison etc.

I would certainly have a cat microchipped. At least you'll feel better if he does go missing or something else happens.

Having lost my "cat of a lifetime" during our first year in France, I am a little wary, especially as looking thru the local paper there are many, many "lost" cats. We are going to have our other cat tatooed (sp?) this week, as this seems a more obvious identification, although it does require a general anasthetic.

Sorry- I'm not trying to put you off France, but it will forever haunt me that we would still have Crunchie if we had not moved here.

Apart from that, life is great ! ....and I think all you need officially is an export certificate, but search the archives on here as there is much infomation to be had.

Em