Period Living and Traditional Homes - August issue

The August issue of PLTH has just been delivered. I buy this magazine as an expat Brit living in France and this one was a special issue on France. Has anyone else read it, and if so, what do you think? Are the beautiful French homes featured in it just as financially hair-raising as their English counterparts?

Katie

Sorry to be thick, but what is PLTH?

----------------------
http://www.sompt.com
Deux-Sevres (region 79)

>The August issue of PLTH has
>just been delivered. I buy
>this magazine as an expat
>Brit living in France and
>this one was a special
>issue on France. Has anyone
>else read it, and if
>so, what do you think?
>Are the beautiful French homes
>featured in it just as
>financially hair-raising as their English
>counterparts?

Yes, but they are gorgeous. Curiosity got the better of me as well. Thanks for mentioning it, would have hated to miss this one (I can dream can't I). But as usual most not all are in Provence. The France feature reminds me of the magazine, I believe it is called Maison Sud. I usually always buy this when I'm in France. Also shows incredibly beautiful dreamy homes and interiors in France, again mostly in Provence.

Same magazine had an incredibly useful two part article in the Feb & March 2003 editions on renovating an old house in SW France. It was packed with invaluable tips and what to and what not to do, we'd never come across anything so darn right practical before. And, of course, the before and after pics were fascinating.

M